- Sarah Lawrence College, Master of Fine Arts, 2008
- Vassar College, Bachelor of Art, Studio Arts, 2003
- Museum Educator, Museum of Modern Art (August 2014 - present)
- Senior Museum Educator, American Folk Art Museum (Sept. 2008 – present)
- Museum Educator, Morgan Library and Museum (Sept. 2008 – present)
- Teaching Artist, Symphony Space (Oct. 2005 - present)
- Museum Educator, Museum of Biblical Art (Feb. 2013 – September 2014)
- Museum Educator, Museum of the City of New York/South Street Seaport Museum (Sept. 2004 – June 2013)
- Museum Education Assistant, Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum (May 2009 – April 2010)
- Program Manager, Calder Internship Program / Urban Peer Docent Program at MCNY (summers 2005/6)
- Museum Educator Intern / Artist Assistant, Guggenheim’s Learning Through Art (Nov. 2004- June 2005)
- Museum Educator and Gallery Attendant, Isamu Noguchi Garden Museum (June 2004 – Dec. 2004)
- After-School Instructor, Henry Street Settlement (Sept. 2003 – June 2004)
- Writing Artwork, Museum of Modern Art (April 2015, September 2015)
- Making School Programs Accessible to All Audiences, Bronx Museum of Art (April 2014)
- Engaging Diverse School Group Audiences / Spring Benefit / Community Free Day DIA: Beacon (Feb., May, 2014)
- Writing to Be Specific, Bronx Museum of Art (Feb. 2014)
- Working with People with Dementia and their Carepartners, Montclair Art Museum (Dec. 2013)
- Accessibility Training, Museum of the City of New York (spring 2013)
- New Docent Training for Visitor-Centered Tours, Morgan Library and Museum (spring 2011)
- Off the Wall Math, Morgan Library and Museum (winter 2011)
- Empowering Teachers Program, Sarah Lawrence College’s Child Development Institute (summer 2010)
- Inquiry training for museum educators, New York Historical Society (fall 2005)
- Editor, Underwater New York. (September 2009-present)
- Prose Reader, Tin House Magazine (January-October 2009)
- Associate Fiction Editor, Lumina Magazine (2006-2007)
- SILENT BEACHES, UNTOLD STORIES: NEW YORK CITY'S FORGOTTEN WATERFRONT, fiction and poetry co-editor, with Underwater New York, Damiani Editore (September 2016)
- SPEED DREAMING, story collection, Little A (March 2015)
PUBLICATIONS, STORIES AND NONFICTION
- "In the Morning," Newtown Literary (forthcoming fall/winter 2016)
- "Recommendation: Daphne Kalotay's Calamity and Other Stories," Post Road (forthcoming 2016)
- "Neighbors," H.O.W. Journal (spring/summer 2016)
- "These Two Lanes Will Take Us Anywhere," English Kills Review (summer 2015)
- "Speed Dreaming," Day One (spring 2014)
- "Youse," The Literarian (fall 2013)
- “To Be Old,” Vol. 1 Brooklyn (summer 2013)
- “Quotient,” Tin House website (summer 2013)
- “Scarification,” Barnstorm (March 2013)
- “Parakeets,” Two Serious Ladies (winter 2012)
- “Peppers + Basil, Kale + Cress,” Red Line Blues (spring 2011)
- “Bliss Street,” BAP Quarterly (fall 2010)
- “Stealing,” Pearl Magazine 42 (summer 2010)
- "Youse," First Place, The Center for Fiction's Literarian Annual Short Story Contest (fall 2013)
- “Quotient,” Honorable Mention, The Short Form Flash Fiction Contest (summer 2013)
- “When the Smoke Clears,” Finalist, Iowa Review Fiction Award (summer 2013)
- “When the Smoke Clears,” Finalist, Third Coast Fiction Award (spring 2013)
- “Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes,” Honorable Mention, A.E. Coppard Prize for Fiction (summer 2011)
- A Reading with Versal, WORD Bookstore, July 2016.
- Sea Elegy, Brooklyn Barge, October 2015.
- A Reading in Collaboration with If These Walls...with A.I.R. Gallery, Governor's Island, September 2015.
- Dead Horse Bay at Winter Shack, Winter Shack, January 2015.
- Underwater New York 5th Anniversary Benefit, Dumbo Sky, October 2014.
- Waterfronts from NYC to LA, cohosted with the journal Trop, Pacific Standard, July 2014.
- Silent Beaches, Untold Stories: New York City's Forgotten Waterfronts: Nelly Reifler, Nicole Cirino, Gabriel Brownstein, Lee Ann Brown, Steve Mentz and Bob Fanuzzi. St. John's University, October 29, 2013.
- Underwater New York at Process and Progress: Rich Villar, Carolyn Ferrell and Alison Amend. Bronx River Art Center, February 22, 2013
- Underwater New York at COMPASS: Folk Art in Four Directions: Jenny Offill, Myla Goldberg, Nicki Pombier Berger. South Street Seaport Museum, September 20, 2012
- The Debauchery of Weather: A Literary Mash-Up of Melville and Darger, organized with Kevin Miller for the exhibition COMPASS: Folk Art in Four Directions, the American Folk Art Museum and South Street Seaport Museum. (July 2012).
- Underwater New York at the New York City Poetry Festival: Joe Fritsch, Bridget Talone, Leah Umansky. Governor's Island, July 21, 2012
- Obscura Day 2012: The Forgotten Beaches of the Forgotten Borough: Jen Fitzgerald. Cedar Grove and New Dorp Beaches, Staten Island, April 28, 2012
- Underwater New York at Poets House: Matthea Harvey, Cate Marvin, KC Trommer, Katie Naughton, Danniel Schoonebeek, Allyson Paty. Poets House, August 24, 2011
- Art in a Bottle: Amy Jean Porter, Elizabeth Albert, Marie Lorenz, George Boorujy. P. P. O. W. Gallery, July 20, 2011
- Obscura Day 2011: The Ghost Ships of Coney Island Creek. Brooklyn, NY, April 9, 2011
- That Sinking Feeling: Underwater New York at TOLD: Seth Lind, Ted McAdams, Steven Berkowitz, Boris Timanovsky, Penny Pollack, Matthea Harvey, John Urquhart Deidre Rodman. Under St. Mark's Theater, October 18, 2010
- Underwater Disco: DJs Dan Selzer, Jeremy Campbell, Morgan Guest. Brooklyn, NY, October 30, 2010
- Underwater Halloween Family Variety Show: The Deedle Deedle Dees, Michael Hearst, DJ Dan Selzer. The Knitting Factory, Brooklyn, NY, October 30, 2010
- Transport III with Underwater New York: Colette Murphy, Nura Qureshi, Deborah Sabat, Nate Dorr, Rick Caruso, Roger Borg, Rose Nestler, Alexis Neider, Kira Sexton, Sarah Mostow, Jill Allyn Peterson. Proteus Gowanus, Brooklyn, NY, June 12 - 17, 2010
- Underwater New York at Word for Word Series: Jennifer Egan, Ed Park, Nelly Reifler, Said Sayrafiezadeh, Deb Olin Unferth, Ben Greenman, Michael Hearst. Bryant Park, June 30, 2010
- UNY at KGB: Robert Lopez, Elizabeth Gaffney, Nicki Pombier Berger. KGB Bar, May 14, 2010
- Obscura Day 2010: Dead Horse Bay. Dead Horse Bay, Brooklyn, March 20, 2010
- Underwater New York at Free Music Friday at the American Folk Art Museum: Rachel Dix, Sara Weiss, Claire Shefchik, David Hollander, Lindsay Sullivan and the Sailors, Richard McGraw, Aaron Diskin, Annette Kogan, and Ben Greenman. March 5, 2010
- Underwater New York at Literary Death Match: David Hollander. Bowery Poetry Club, October 29, 2009
- Underwater New York launch party: Ben Greenman, Mary Mattingly, Nura Qureshi, Supergood!, Lawrence Kim and his Boss, Michael Hearst, DJ Dan Selzer, Alex Scordelis and Chris Schell. The Lightship Frying Pan, October 7, 2009
- Underwater New York and the Waterpod: Mary Mattingly, Apryl Lee, Aldina Vazao Kennedy, David Ciminello, Ella Mei Yon Biggadike, Megan Gilbert, Nicki Pombier Berger, Nicole Haroutunian, Nicole Miller, and Sara Weiss. Worlds Fair Marina, Queens, NY, September 20, 2009
* All Underwater New York events co-curated with Nicki Pombier Berger and Helen Georgas.